The Cavanaugh Flight Museum is proud to offer classes to assist scouts in obtaining their Aviation Merit Badge. Classes are held on the second Saturday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Each class is conducted by highly qualified aviation professionals and Aviation Merit Badge counselors and covers 95% of the requirements to obtain the Aviation Merit Badge.
There is a $15 charge for each scout, payable in advance. Class size is currently limited to 6 scouts, so please schedule / get on our waiting list as soon as possible.
You will need to pack a sack lunch and drink.
What You Will Do:
• Assist in a hands on pre-flight inspection of a real airplane.
What You Will Need To Bring:
• Bring your"BlueCards" for sign off by the counselor upon satisfactorily completing the class.
• Bring a printed copy of the "Aviation Merit Badge Workbook". Click Here to download the file:
• Bring a pen and or pencil.
• Bring a sack lunch and drink.
• Wear your BSA uniform.
• Wear your cloth face covering.
If you would like more information or to be placed on the waiting list for the class, please call (972) 380-8800 X-100