The Cavanaugh Flight Museum is proud to offer classes to assist scouts in obtaining their Aviation Merit Badge. Classes are held on the second Saturday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Each class is conducted by highly qualified aviation professionals and Aviation Merit Badge counselors and covers 95% of the requirements to obtain the Aviation Merit Badge.
There is a $15 charge for each scout, payable in advance. Class size is limited to 12 scouts, so please schedule in advance.
Troop leaders and parents are encouraged to attend at no charge. You will need to pack a sack lunch and drink; a refrigerator is available in the classroom.
What You Will Do:
• Assist in a hands on pre-flight inspection of a real airplane.
• Tour of the Addison airport aboard a Deuce and a Half (2 1/2 ton) military truck.
What You Will Need To Bring:
• Bring your"BlueCards" for sign off by the counselor upon satisfactorily completing the class.
• Bring a printed copy of the "Aviation Merit Badge Workbook". Click Here to download the file:
• Bring a pen and or pencil.
• Bring a sack lunch and drink.
• Wear your BSA uniform.
If you would like more information or to register for the class, please call (972) 380-8800 X-100